5 Summer Pregnancy Hacks
Updated: Jan 20, 2020
We are halfway through the summer in Wisconsin, and currently gearing up for another heatwave. Here are my doula recommended tips for staying extra cool while pregnant.
1. Drink Water, and Eat It, Too! - Drinking water is a natural suggestion for anyone who's pregnant and beating the heat. But you can also push extra liquids by eating fruits and veg with high water content like watermelon, cucumber, and tomatoes. Here's a list of more foods that are 90%+ water.
2. Natural Fibered Clothes - this one is pretty obvious, but a light natural fiber dress can do wonders to get air circulation on your skin in the heat of summer. This linen dress from asos maternity is a great example!
3. Athletic Legging Shorts - to prevent feeling too sweaty below your pregnancy belly. Gap athletics has a pretty good maternity selection to check out.
4. Ice Bandana Hack - I learned this one from my husband who is a runner. Fold a bandana into a triangle, lay icecubes down, and roll the fabric around the ice cubes. Then tie the bandana around your neck to keep your body cool while outside.
5. Body Glide - Body Glide can be used in any high friction area to prevent chafing. It can be a life saver!